Selfies . . . who doesn’t take selfies these days? Well, if you don’t, you’re not alone. Many people shy away from taking selfies for several reasons:
- They don’t know how to hold the phone properly
- Maybe they are not confident enough to permit themselves to feel good about themselves and to capture those special moments
- Perhaps they are not able to get that flattering angle
- Maybe they just don’t know how
Taking selfies is a way to capture that moment when you are feeling special or good about yourself. For some it’s easy, but for others it may be difficult. To help you capture the perfect selfie when you are feeling cute, I’m sharing my top 8 Selfie tips.
- Good lighting is your friend. How do you get good lighting, though? Well, you don’t need a ring light all the time, but it sure is a must-have when you are taking selfies indoors or somewhere with low lighting. If a ring light is not available, you can position yourself near the window or outdoors, where you can get full coverage of the sun’s natural light. Natural light is way, way better than ring lights because it gives your selfie that natural glow.
- Know your angle. This may require you to tilt your head or phone in the direction that provides the best angle.
- Hold your phone confidently. Hold your phone at arm’s length. This will help create enough distance between your face and your phone, so your selfie doesn’t look unflattering (i.e unproportioned features)
- Check your background. Before you get the shot make sure your frame doesn’t have anything in the background that you don’t want to share. Double-check before posting.
- Hair tips. If you are wearing your hair down, be sure to bring your hair forward to frame your face. This will help make your face look slimmer and add more confidence to your finished selfie. If you are sporting a high bun, be sure to use hairspray and a small brush to smooth down your flyaways.
- Mindset. Shift your mindset to positive and happy thoughts. This will surely leave a genuine smile on your face and fuel confidence through your selfie.
I hope that you found these tips to be helpful. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get the selfie you like on the first try. Let’s face it, taking selfies is a game of trial and error but as they say, practice makes perfect. You’ll be surprised how it can take up to 10 to 100 shots to get the right selfie. Let me know how you like the tips and comment below. Till next time Beauties!