It’s summertime and I thought I would share my hydrating electrolyte drink that I have been making for myself for the last six months. I don’t go a day without drinking it. For the majority of 2019, I was always feeling exhausted and dehydrated. This drink has helped me so much. I feel more energized and more vibrant.
When you are going to be outside in this Texas heat or your loved ones are sick and need to replenish their electrolytes, this homemade natural drink will definitely help you or them as it did myself and my family.
You may be drinking 8 glasses of water and still feel dehydrated or sluggish. A lot of times the water alone doesn’t provide the minerals needed to replenish our bodies . Throughout the years, I learned and appreciate how we are made from minerals, and we need to replenish those minerals. To fully function properly and to get the best out of life, you’ll need the following minerals: potassium & sodium. Guess what? Lemon is filled with potassium. Himalayan Salt has sodium and, in fact, it has 84 different types of minerals. (Gatorade has salt, but this drink doesn’t have the food dyes or other additives that are not healthy for you) The baking soda has an alkalizing effect, which can help balance your pH level to its optimal level, which is close to 7.4!
I hope you enjoy and reap the benefits like I do. Let me know how you like this Natural Electrolyte Holistic drink. Stay healthy and happy my friends.
Follow my wellness and fitness journey here @JTorryfit
- 2 Limes or 2 Lemons of choice (or mix)
- 1/2 TSP of sea salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 TSP of local raw honey (local raw honey is better it helps with allergies) ( optional)
- 16 oz to 32 oz Water
- Cut the two lemons or two limes in half , then squeeze the juice to a cup.
- Add ½ TSP of Himalayan salt into the cup.
- Add ¼ TSP of baking soda into the cup
- Mix in the 1 TSP of raw honey into the cup. ( optional, I prefer to add 1 TBSP).
- Mix it well, and then pour the mix into your drinking container. Then add 16 oz. water.
- Enjoy and sip throughout the day. When I finish my container halfway, I pour more water into it again.
Tips: Remember you have to enjoy the taste. If you can’t handle too much salt, you can decrease the amount you put into your drink.